Tuesday, December 25, 2007

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Can't believe it's Christmas already! And every Christmas, I'm left amazed by how fast the time has gone but more importantly, I'm left very grateful for everything in my life. No seriously, no joke, not on Christmas at least :D

I mean come one, I'm studying in a great university, and although it's not my ideal course, I still get to do what I love. I may not have a high tech tablet, but my graphire has been faithful to me for years and I am loving my new MacBook Pro. I may not have been the most succesful in my love life, but I've got a life. And most importantly, I'm still living it.

So tonight, I just wanted to sir down and write just a tiny little bit of my soul, squeeze them into tiny little words that will last for the many Yuletide Seasons to come. Because, come on, one day I won't have one anymore.

This year may not have been the best of years, but it is by no means the worst, Komikon was the best, working with Jean on it has been no less than exhilarating and I am doing admirably well in La Salle considering I barely study, a fault I keep promising myself to correct.

Really, there are only a few points I have yet to get over this year. First would be a love that I can't forget. No I'm not being melodramatic, but dear God I wish I simply was. No, I know I'm so far away from the man she deserves, and that I should forget but come one, a whole year and not a day goes past that I don't think of her? And lets not forget that I barely saw her half a dozen times since Graduation, now that's a stinger! No, I really wish I could do something as simple as moving on, but no matter how hard I try, the pain really is there.


Secondly are my friends. Well, I'm not exactly the popular kind but I have friends that I cherish, and the closes of which of course hasn't been with us for two years now (Merry Christmas Jans). I just really miss them, and the good times. I hardly ever hang out much with the old guys much, and not being around them just reminds me again just how lucky I was to have had them in my life. I just hope they'll still be there for the rest of the road.

But hey, I'm not being all emotional here! Really, because I want to look at the best of Christmas offerings this year around. My family's in one piece, and although not perfect, I have to say that Christmas is the time of the year that I really realize just hoe much I appreciate them being around. And come on, Christmas eve I got the usual Christmas greetings from my friends. They were by no means plentiful, but they came from the people who mattered and that's what matters to me.

Well, I'd like to end in a happier note, a note of hope and cheer, a note that looks into the horizon and the next sunrise. A hope that sees visions of the future as well as nostalgic memories of time long gone. But that's a thing for the New Year, for another dawn. For now, it's simply the twilight hour, the day has finally ended, the sun has finally set. The star twinkles above the shambles and blazes with Heaven's beauty. Christmas is here, Jesus is born, and I couldn't love it more. It's by no means the perfect ending for the year, it was by no means the perfect year. But hey, it's Christmas, whatcoo gonna do, eh?

Thank you, Lord.

And Merry Christmas to everybody :D
God Bless you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment