Friday, December 5, 2008

Latest News and Booze (Well not really, but it rhymes!)

Was passing by National Book store and I saw this. Almost shelled Five hundred pesos just to bring it home that day.
I think it's pretty damn awesome that they're giving proceeds to charity. I'm very curious though to how Rowling would fare in non-Potter books. I came out with this instead
Awesome cover if I must say. In the world of movies I just heard that MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE singer Gerard Way is doing the finale song for The Watchmen. The band is a hit or miss for me, but still, its a great choice, very fitting. The song is called Desolation Row. Now THAT's a title!!
I cannot friggin wait for this movie!!! Speaking of which, I heard that the Dark Knight is going to be re-released in theaters in the US. As of now it's 77 million short of Titanic's $600 m record. Now our fave bats actually stands a chance of getting toe-to-toe with Leo and the gang (punch that snotty lover's teeth out!). Also, it's 4 million short of being the 4th movie to reach a billion dollars worldwide. That's practically guaranteed by now.
And then there's the oscars, which are coming up. I'm pretty hopeful that Heath gets what he deserves with the oscar nod. But I am also hopeful, but doubtful, of a best picture nod.

A grassroot campaign by nerds came up and here it is. Pretty cool. It's called Dark Campaign.

Finally here's some final images on the campaign. The first is an awesome spoof of the Obama poster called The Audacity of Joke. The second is just some awesome poster they made to get Dark Knight some props for the oscars. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment